The Sierra Leone Airports Authority was established by an Act of Parliament in 1998 to operate and manage the Freetown International Airport and Hastings Airfield, with the broad mandate “to provide a safe, secure and user-friendly Airport system; operate a sustainable Airport with minimal impairment to the environment; maintain Airport facilities to international standards by utilising optimum human and material resources; and provide services to the community within the framework of national development objectives.”
To transform Freetown International Airport to a regional hub, facilitate the transshipment of Cargo and passengers thereby rendering Freetown International Airport an attractive destination of choice for all passengers worldwide.
- To manage the business in a financially and socially responsible manner; optimize earnings for reinvestment in airport improvements while keeping airline charges constant;
- To provide affordable and safe world class facilities that integrate proven technologies and processes;
- To provide the Airport’s diverse and dynamic customer base with a high level of customer service;
- To operate the airport facilities in a safe and secure manner;
- To operate and manage the airport in an environmentally responsible manner;
- To foster and maintain partnerships to contribute to the viability of the airport and the economic growth of the community;
- To be an industry leader in planning, developing and operating outstanding airport facilities and services; and
- To maintain and enhance our employees’ commitment to the Authority’s mission and objectives.