How To Access The Airport From The Capital City Freetown
There are various transportation means from Freetown to the FNA which include the following:-
- 24-hour business-class ferry service operated by Sovereign Ferries between Government Wharf and Targrin.
- Water Taxis:- The water taxis are slightly bigger than your average speedboat and run on dual engines. Sea Coach Express and Sea Bird Express are the available companies currently offering this service. The ride is sometimes bumpy with journey time around 25-30 minutes.
- Fast boat services
- Ferries:- The ferries operating from Kissy are the cheapest option of all is to take the Ferry to Freetown but it is certainly not the quickest option neither the most convenient. This is how most Sierra Leoneans travel.
- Use of traditional dug-out canoes.
- By Road:- It is possible to drive to Freetown from Lungi (4+ hours) through Port Loko, but this makes more sense if you're heading up country rather than to Freetown. Keep in mind that it might prove difficult to rent vehicles from Lungi, so it is advisable for private transport from the airport be pre-arranged.
The Sierra Leone Road Transport Corporation has recently (Sept 2015) launched a bus shuttle service for Le75,000.